The Center for Race and Gender hosts the CRG Thursday Forum Series featuring presentations from faculty, fellows, and students on emerging research on race, gender, and their intersections. Forum presentations represent a broad landscape of ideas, topics, and disciplinary approaches, and are great opportunities to engage in discussions about new research or share scholarly work for community feedback.
Forums take place on Thursdays at 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm in the CRG Conference Room in 691 Barrows Hall, unless otherwise noted. Forums are open to the public and the location is wheelchair accessible. Light refreshments are served. Join us for future forums and listen to podcasts of past forums.
Spring 2018 Thursday Forums
(Fall 2018 Forums TBA)
Thur, Feb 8, 2018:
- Charles Briggs, Anthropology
- Mauricio Najarro, Medical Anthropology
Thur, Feb 15, 2018:
- Ula Taylor, African American Studies
Thur, Mar 8, 2018:
- Giancarlo Cornejo, Department of Rhetoric
- Omi Salas-SantaCruz, School of Education
POSTPONED TO FALL 2018:
Other Materialisms: Black and Indigenous Scholars on Science, Technology and the Environment
- Victoria M. Massie, Anthropology
- Marcelo Garzo Montalvo, Ethnic Studies
Thur, Apr 5, 2018
- Natalee Kēhaulani Bauer, Graduate School of Education
- Michael Singh, Graduate School of Education
Thur, Apr 26, 2018
- Panelists: Ziza Delgado, Juanita Tamayo Lott, and Jason Ferreira.
Spring 2019 Thursday Forum Proposal Deadline:
If you are interested in presenting as an individual or as part of a panel, or if you have suggestions for topics and presenters, please download the appropriate application below, and e-mail your application by the deadline to email@example.com with the subject line: CRG Forum – (Your Name).
Thursday Forum Archive
Since 2002, the CRG has hosted the Thursday Forum Series spotlighting a wide range of race and gender research topics explored by faculty and students at UC Berkeley and from neighboring campuses in the Bay Area. Forum audio recordings are available in our Podcast Archive.